Kings Mountain, NC, United States
Job ID: 86111-OTHLOC-300000228986165
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 3rd Shift, 11pm to 7:30am, EOW
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11111004941802-Environmental Services
JOB SUMMARY: Promotes environmental protection by maintaining healthy and safe medical facilities for employees and visitors.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
1. Performs complete cleaning of assigned areas to include, but not limited to: dusting and sanitizing furniture, equipment, mirrors and fixtures; washing windows, walls, ceilings, vents and light fixtures; sweeping, scrubbing and refinishing floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpet; re-stocking restrooms; replacing light bulbs; and reporting repairs.
2. Heavy contact with cleaning chemicals, disinfecting agents, floor strippers and finishes. Majority of work is indoors but may assist with outdoor cleaning including parking lot, windows and roof. Various cleaning activities may include the use of a ladder.
3. Removes waste by collecting and transporting soiled linen, emptying trash containers, changing sharps containers, transporting solid and hazardous waste to compactors, recycling material, and emptying cigarette receptacles in smoking areas.
4. Keeps equipment associated with the job, clean and orderly, and reports equipment failures or other mechanical issues to maintenance staff.
5. Maintains safe working environment and provides quality service by complying with procedures, rules and regulations, infection control guidelines, and meeting departmental quality standards.
6. Attends all required in-service education and training classes including safety update programs to maintain technical knowledge.
7. Consistently demonstrates the ability to meet time schedules and deadlines.