Cedartown, GA, United States
Job ID: 85389
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: RN - FT - 7p-7a
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12321110430001-Emergency Department
The Triage Liaison (Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Advanced Emergency Medical Tech (EMT-A), or Paramedic (EMT-P) primary responsibility is to provide the initial contact with a patient presenting via emergency care center's front entrance. Based on protocols, chief complaints, and observations, the triage liaison will notify the triage nurse and/charge nurse about patients that need urgent/emergent care. The triage liaison gathers initial information for the initial registration process and performs the quick registration process that places the patient on the tracking board.
1. Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing or
2. Graduate of an accredited Paramedic program or
3. Graduate of an accredited EMT program
1. Three years experience preferred, at least one year of experience required.
2. Extensive competency in assessment of health conditions requiring emergent treatment.
1. Current licensure in the State of Georgia for LPN, EMT-P or EMT-A
2. BCLS required
3. ACLS, PALS, CPI, and NRP to be obtained preferably within 1 year of hire.
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills; .
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Works effectively with patients and family, maintains a cooperative working relationship
with the medical staff and other members of the health team.
4. Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
5. Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.