Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 84483
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 8-5; occasional nights and weekends
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028344007-Medical Education
Instructs life support and related educational offerings to interdisciplinary healthcare professionals as well as laypersons in the community. Serves as a consultant on current emergency care management issues.
• Instructs life support education and other related educational offerings.
• Demonstrates mastery of provider and instructor level course content and skills and delivers within adherence to course guidelines.
• Ensures physical and psychological safety within a culturally sensitive and adaptative learning environment.
• Maintains effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, nonverbal, and listening skills).
• Drives for resuscitation excellence through evidence-based, innovative, experiential learning opportunities to advance outcomes across the resuscitative care continuum.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, required. Bachelor’s Degree in nursing preferred. 3 years of experience in nursing is preferred.
Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina, required. American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and/or PALS Instructor required per policy. TNCC, ENPC, ITLS, PITLS, NRP Instructor, preferred. EMT and EMT Instructor, preferred.