Driver II - Atrium Health - Nights
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 84972
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 4 p.m. 2 a.m. evening position for transportation
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343017-SCM Transport Services
Operates up to 28 foot straight box truck vehicles in a safe manner following federal, state, and local motor carrier safety regulations. Delivers supplies, linens and other couriered type items to various related facilities. Responsible for loading and unloading goods in a safe acceptable manner.
- Maintains vehicles in a neat, clean, orderly and fueled condition.
- Maintains contact with supervisor for delivery instruction updates.
- Operates all vehicles in a safe and secure manner including securing and stabilizing all goods being transported and using seat belts.
- Maintains confidentially of all patient and resident information.
- Obtains proper signatures as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid NC or SC Drivers license with no moving violations in the last 3 years.
- At least 1 year experience in a related capacity.
- DOT physical required every 2 years or as needed.
- Must complete the 4 hour defensive driving course, and attend annual 2 hour driver safety refresher course.
- Must be able to drive for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to push or pull carts and pallets with loads up to 700 pounds, and lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
- Considerable walking, standing and a wide range of body movements including stooping, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Inside work areas subject to high level of noise, heat, humidity and undesirable odors.
- Must be able to drive vehicles safety in all types of weather.