Registrar - Hospital PT 2nd
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 85159
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: This is a 16 hour (PT) position that works 3P - 11:30P one week day and every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11031005741601-Patient Access
Receives and provides information to patients, significant others, healthcare team members and hospital guests in a courteous and professional manner. Provides an accurate and timely registration process to the patient population.
- Greets and assists customers, patients, and visitors. Acts with a sense of urgency when dealing with patients and workflow.
- Verifies all patients have orders with diagnosis and referring physician information including a legible physician signature.
- Performs point-of-service collections in a professional manner.
- Acts and communicates in a professional manner, appropriate for the healthcare setting.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring the waiting area is clean and orderly.
- Identifies patients utilizing two forms of identification; armbands all patients. Explains the process to all patients. Assists patients with undressing needs if required.
- Responds to emergencies in the department following processes identified for that particular area.
- Assists in meeting departmental goals, point-of-service collections and registration accuracy.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Requires the ability to concentrate with constant interruptions. Will be required to sit, stand, walk, push, pull and moderate lifting of patients.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required.