Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 84472
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Day shift. Days will vary
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 33041035133183-Executive Health Services
Performs and coordinates a variety of diagnostic procedures with the Cardiology service line.
· Coordinates and performs exercise and/or pharmacological stress testing following the standards and guidelines of the ACSM/AHA/ACC and the current policies and procedures of Diagnostic Cardiology.
· Assess the patient for contraindications to cardiac stress testing by reviewing the latest H&P, lab results, and previous cardiac testing. Coordinates care with the ordering provider or Cardiologist.
· Explains the procedure, verifies the order, and confirms patient identity
· Assists with transferring patients on/off equipment and provides assistance with adaptive positioning to maximize safety and performance.
· Recognizes electrocardiographic changes and arrythmias pre-test, during testing, and post-test to ensure diagnostic information is obtained in a safe and controlled environment.
· Communicates abnormal results to the physician, clinical staff, operations manager or nurse manager.
· Responds to emergency situations in a professional and prompt manner.
· In coordination with related staff may also cross train.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretcher. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Must be able to transfer patients. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology required, Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology preferred. Exercise Physiologist certified by the American College of Sports Medicine or eligible to test for the same. ACSM-CEP (Clinical Exercise Physiologist) is preferred, required for stress testing. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA is required. ACLS required within 6 months of hire date. Experience in stress testing preferred. One year of related experience preferred. Additional certifications may be required by the department. If performing stress tests, successful completion of the SHVI independent stress testing competencies including the use of pharmacological stress testing agents required.
Complies with the requirements for advancement, maintenance, approved certification, and education as outlined in Cardiology Exercise Physiologist Career Advancement Program.