Cardiology Advanced Heart Failure APP - Charlotte, NC
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 78727
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Four 10-hour shifts, M-F 7am-5pm [day off variable pending clinical needs]; inpatient weekend rotation (7am-12pm)
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 26581035132047-SHVI-Heart Failure & Transplant
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. We invite experienced NPs and PAs to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds, and progressive visionaries together.
Atrium Health’s Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute’s Advanced Heart Failure program is seeking a full-time advanced practice provider (APP) to join our growing team at Atrium Health’s Charlotte Main Campus.
- Inpatient daily rounds, consultations, face-to-face and virtual clinic-based appointments, patient examinations, medication management, and laboratory/radiologic testing and interpretation.
- See and treat patients who have advanced systolic heart failure and/or diastolic heart failure from ischemic, nonischemic, infiltrative, structural, congenital or various other cardiomyopathies
- Work alongside the physician, will be responsible for evaluating, stabilizing, and treating patients with both acute and chronic disease.
- APP will work closely with a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive patient care in various clinical settings including inpatient, outpatient, and virtual care
- Willingness to work four 10-hour shifts, 7am-5pm; inpatient weekend rotation (7am-12pm)
- No call or night shifts required
- Some flexing to other facilities will be required as needed
- Multidisciplinary team comprised of 9 physicians, 12 APPs across 4 facilities, nurse navigators, clinic nurses, clinical pharmacists, social workers, and various other support. A consultative outpatient palliative care clinic is also available.
- SHVI Charlotte offers a full team of specialized heart failure providers and advanced heart failure services including: Congestive heart failure, Left-sided heart failure, including systolic and diastolic failure, Right-sided heart failure, Cardio-oncology, Infiltrative cardiomyopathies, Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and Pulmonary hypertension
- Full range of heart failure treatment options, including: Heart transplant, Mechanical circulatory support, including LVADs, BiVADs, Impella, IABPs, ECMO, Total artificial heart, Minimally invasive surgery, Implantable devices and defibrillators, Medication therapy and management
- Prior experience as a NP or PA is preferred,
- Cardiology experience required; prior heart failure experience is a plus
- NP candidates are required to have ACNP, AGACNP certification preferred based on population served. ** Must sit for and pass Certified Heart Failure Nurse (CHFN) examination within 2 years of beginning practice
- Demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a faced paced, high acuity work environment.
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute is one of the Southeast's largest cardiac and vascular programs providing the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease throughout North and South Carolina. Sanger employs more than 110 physicians in a network of more than 25 locations to provide the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease. Sanger has more than 50 years of experience in providing comprehensive acute and chronic cardiovascular services, including the region's only heart transplant center and pediatric heart surgery program.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.