Supervisor - Molecular Laboratory - FT - Evenings
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 83241
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday, 2:00-10:30pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011008339009-Molecular Diagnostics
Assumes responsibility for the technical operations of the specific laboratory section. Ensures that all procedures are performed as defined in section policy and procedure. Assists and supports the Lab Director/Manager. Acts as the supervisor over the specific assigned clinical area
- Manages implementation and maintenance of quality, efficiency, and safety in the section, ensuring that it meets CAP standards on a continual basis.
- Communicates to leadership deficiencies in the section, progress of test development, team member actions under consideration, and all unusual occurrences which may require the attention of the leader.
- Demonstrates initiative in tracking and resolving problems, and continually checks the accuracy of test methods and instruments in the section. Reviews relevant laboratory reports, including reference laboratory reports, for extraordinary results and clerical errors before they are reported to the medical record
- Maintains adequate supply of materials in the section and participates in cost analysis of existent and perspective tests.
- Completes orientation and training within the section. Assigns schedule and work for section and assists in workload evaluations as needed. Delegates authority and responsibility as appropriate.
- Ensures that work assigned to members of the section is completed and reported in a timely manner.
- Functions as bench technologist assisting with the workload when needed.
Works in a fast-paced clinical environment. Works in an area which contains bio hazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping, bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads. ?
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree with certification in MT(ASCP), or MLS(ASCP), or HTL(ASCP), CT(ASCP) or equivalent with two years of experience in specific laboratory section required .