Supervisor - Transportation Transfer - Atrium Health - Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 84499
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Variable
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341810-Linen/Laundry Production
Supervises the daily activity and administration of the courier, shuttle, and mail transportation. Develops, monitors and implements a management program for all vehicles that yield potential cost savings. Provides administrative support and training to current and new drivers and mail clerk positions in the department.
- Develops, monitors and implements a management program for all vehicles that yield potential cost savings.
- Provides administrative support and training to current and new drivers and mail clerk positions in the department.
- Maintains an orderly and clean distribution area and ensures vehicles are cleaned by drivers.
- Maintains knowledge of all software applications used by the department.
- Communicates any unusual situations to Leadership.
- Maintains and instructs the highest level of customer service and is responsible for monthly visits with customers.
- Maintains knowledge of DOT and postal rules and regulations.
- Monitors postage applied to the processing of outgoing mail and monitors routes for effective performances; as well as oversees the overnight mailing program.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid drivers license with no moving violations in 3 years required.
- Works in an office and warehouse environment.
- Must be able to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sort mail and handle supplies and linen by reading numeric or alphabetized addresses.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to drive a vehicle safely in all types of weather.