VP- Compensation (REMOTE)
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 84257
Status: Full Time
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340804-Corporate Office
Reporting to the leader of Total Rewards this role will provide overall strategic leadership for the design, development, administration, and communication of compensation programs for non-executive levels of teammates which ensure internal and external market equity and support the strategic goals of the company.
This role will require a systems-thinker, with strong attention to detail, comfort working in a fast past & dynamic environment, deep subject matter expertise, with strong thought-leadership & relationship-building skills, the ability to create/drive functional strategies and the passion to find ease & simplicity within complexity….bringing to life the “art of the possible”.
This role will lead a team of compensation professionals, as well as partner with numerous teams of outsourced partners. They will play a significant role in partnering with internal stakeholders and external providers to ensure best-in-class service and advocacy for our teammates – supporting our teammates during the moments that matter in their personal & professional journey.
- Provide progressive and innovative thought-leadership in the review of current compensation programs to identify changes needed for a true best in class compensation approach.
- Consults with leadership to develop an understanding of business needs and organizational structure and educates on compensation philosophy/practices to support effective decision-making and the integrity of compensation programs.
- Collaborates with other human resources leadership and professionals regarding various compensation and other human resources practices, such as partnering with other COE’s, peers, business partners to effectively tell the cohesive value story of our compensation plans and programs.
- In collaboration with HR Business Partners, develop and implement ongoing communications strategy regarding compensation programs and services to ensure leaders, employees and the HR community understand compensation fundamentals, the company's compensation philosophy, and our compensation processes.
- Serve as a compensation expert resource for complex issues; provide the technical advice in the interpretation of compensation policies and procedures to drive the consistent and equitable administration throughout the organization.
- Establishes and maintains a culture of engagement for the compensation team fostering continuous improvement, open communication, career development and feedback.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale.
- Directs the planning, design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs, which includes job analysis, job evaluation, market pricing, survey completion, salary structures, the annual compensation/merit increase process, pay practices and related policies/procedures. Responsible for the design and implementation of incentive and staff compensation programs.
- Evaluates and monitors compensation practices to ensure market competitiveness, and consistency with the compensation philosophy.
- Stay abreast of all legal issues surrounding compensation plans and ensure that company programs are in compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
- Conduct on-going research in the Compensation area to keep abreast of best-in-class practices and emerging Compensation trends. Establish and maintain professional relationships with counterparts in the industry and community. Works closely with internal legal and finance partners.
- Develops and administers policies and procedures to accomplish department-specific and organizational initiatives.
- Directs the allocation of resources to meet financial requirements. Responsible for developing and recommending budgets and manages spend within approved parameters.
- Masters Degree in Business or HR-related field or equivalent knowledge.
- 15 years’ experience in compensation/total rewards function and 10 years of people management
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or HR-related field.
- Certified Compensation Professional certification (CCP).
- 10 years of experience in compensation/total rewards function and 7 years of people management experience.
- Experience in administering and managing compensation principles, practices, and techniques including: job analysis, job evaluation, market pricing, incentive plan design and administration, and organizational structure design.
- Experience with incentive design & working with external consultants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skills in Human Resource management functions such as employment, benefits, employee relations, and employee/organizational development.
- Ability to integrate knowledge and skill into the development of effective compensation programs/procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to design, administer, and evaluate compensation programs and practices to maximize department and organizational efficiency.
- Proven ability to develop strategic and tactical plans and proposals to meet business objectives and implement program/project plans in a large healthcare system.
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively and collaborate with all levels of employees and to address difficult and controversial issues.
- Extensive understanding of the laws and regulations that impact compensation.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and qualitative skills to facilitate effective decision-making.
- Ability to work within deadlines with a high attention to detail, and to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suites or similar products. Demonstrated ability to administer and evaluate compensation related applications.
- Demonstrates a focus on continuous improvement, advancement and innovation within the function.