OBGYN - Physician Faculty - AH WC Myers Park OBGYN
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 77709
Job Family: Physicians
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Rotation
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 29751013433516-Obstetrics/Gynecology
Atrium Health is seeking a full-time academic OBGYN Generalist to join our OBGYN Academic Generalist Division at Carolinas Medical Center (CMC).
Our team is comprised of 7 academic generalists and 3 academic hospitalists who educate, supervise, and provide direct OB and Gyn patient care alongside residents within our own department as well as Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Inpatient Obstetrics: Supervising residents and medical students on busy Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, and Triage units. We have approximately 3500 deliveries per year and manage both high-risk and low-risk patients.
- Inpatient Gynecology: Supervising residents and medical students in the care of an inpatient gynecology service and consultation service, as well as performing scheduled and urgent/emergent gynecologic surgeries.
- Ambulatory Services: Supervising residents and medical students in outpatient continuity clinics and a benign gynecology clinic.
- Medical Education: Beyond our supervisory role, we provide didactic, simulation, and problem-based learning education for both residents and medical students. We also provide mentorship for resident research projects and manage multiple clinical rotations for the residents.
About the OB/Gyn Department:
- 31 board-certified physicians representing all OB/Gyn specialties providing care to a rich patient mix
- 24 OB/Gyn residents (6 per year)
- Regional campus for Wake Forest University School of Medicine- currently training 3rd and 4th year medical students in clinical education, will become a 4-year campus in the near future
- In addition to providing care to the Charlotte underserved community, CMC is the primary regional referral center for high-risk pregnancies with Level 3 NICU support.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all. #WHLP4