Vice President, Community Engagement (Chicago, IL)
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 84514
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342204-Human Resources Administration
Based in Chicago with enterprise-wide responsibility, the Vice President of Community Engagement is responsible for the development and implementation of an integrated community engagement strategy for Advocate Health, a multifaceted health care system providing world class services throughout the southeast and midwest regions. The Vice President of Community Engagement and team serve as liaisons between Advocate Health and the community, developing strategies and programs that maximize relationships and support our mission. Advocate Health strives to be a catalyst for meaningful, positive change in the communities it serves and invests in partnerships that help improve health, elevate hope and advance healing, for all. Advocate Health's vision is to be the best choice for all, therefore growth strategies, reputation and awareness are key components of this role. The Vice President of Community Engagement has a high level of engagement and visibility in the community, while also developing engagement opportunities for other Advocate Health leaders to ensure the organization is leveraging resources, ensuring strategic goals are being met, and maximizing responsiveness to the community.
- Identifies enterprise-wide community relations and engagement priorities and oversees the development and execution of plans to accomplish the priorities.
- Provides direction for community-based services and partnership initiatives, in partnership with other departments of the Community and Social Impact Division, Population Health, Strategy and core market leadership.
- Develops relationships with community partners and leaders to support growth, reputation and awareness, and community health priorities.
- Interacts with leadership across Advocate Health, including providers to build support for and increase involvement in the community and social impact agenda of the enterprise.
- Develops a proactive strategic method to place Advocate Health leaders on key boards and community leadership programs in the community.
- Partners with Corporate Social Responsibility to activate community sponsorships congruent with the needs/expectations of local communities.
- Provides direction and support for local hospital/community advisory council engagement in the community and social impact agenda of the enterprise.
- Identifies key corporations and businesses in each region and oversees the development and execution of plans to build relationships with them.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
At least 5 years of leadership experience in health care, community relations, community engagement or community health. Experience in managing diverse and integrated teams across multiple markets is a plus. Experience in managing corporate relationships a plus. Must be willing to travel to multiple locations and markets. Occasional nights and weekends required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilitites
- Ability to present a positive image of the organization while always maintaining a high level of integrity.
- Ability to develop persuasive arguments and present them coherently and effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) or similar products.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- This position requires travel, therefore, will be exposed to weather and road conditions.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.