This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 84207
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday -Friday with holiday and call rotation
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112530170-Operating Room
The Surgical First Assistant assists physicians in surgery and may perform specific significant surgical tasks under "professional supervision." The SFA collaborates with the surgeon in performing a safe operation with optimal outcomes for the patient. The SFA practices peri-operative care and must have acquired the necessary specific knowledge, skills and judgment.
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. Completion of surgical technology program
2. Completion of an assisting course
3. Training obtained under preceptorship from surgeons
4. Documentation of a minimum of 150 surgical cases within the defined specialty area
1. One year experience as SFA preferred
1. Current certification as CST
2. Current Credentialing by the LCC-ST as a Certified first assistant or
3. Associate degree in surgical technology or related science or health science field, or 8 years of professional experience in the role of the first assistant.
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups
3. Maintains a neat, clean, professional appearance
4. Possesses a sense of responsibility, initiative and honesty; is self-motivated and works in an efficient and effective manner
5. Pays attention to details under all circumstances