Supervisor I - Facilities - Atrium Health Cabarrus - Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 82765
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 7 AM-3:30 PM
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11141004841904-Plant Operations
Directs the activities of assigned team members and service contractors, as appropriate to areas of responsibility. Works closely with the department and/or facility administration to facilitate all established goals, procedures and maintenance practices. Prioritizes tasks and assumes a leadership role in the assigned area of responsibility. Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of personnel to provide effective operations and maintenance of assigned equipment and facilities in accordance with policies, procedures, standards and practices.
- Assists management with planning, scheduling, materials procurement, and follow-up on all tasks.
- Keeps computer system updated and PM program running. Maintains documentation as required.
- Provides functional direction to include hiring, disciplinary actions, terminations, job evaluations, and PTO approval for assigned personnel while assuring all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner. Trains staff in the operation and repair of equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on a variety of equipment according to established procedures. Inspects, calibrates, adjusts, lubricates, and repairs or replaces components. Schedules and maintains records of maintenance and repairs.
- Diagnoses system malfunctions on a variety of mechanical, electrical and/or building components and equipment. Dismantles and repairs or replaces the defective parts; reassembles, tests and reinstalls repaired equipment.
- Responds to calls for emergency repairs; completes repairs and documents services rendered. Performs and documents scheduled inspections and electrical safety tests necessary to maintain conformance to code requirements.
- Orders supplies and parts in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains records in compliance with authority having jurisdiction (i.e. TJC, Charlotte Fire Department, State Division of Facility Services (DFS), etc.)
- Assists with evaluating equipment and systems during the acquisition process.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 5 years experience required.
- Must be mobile within entire facility (ies), including the ability to access rooftops and crawl spaces.
- When performing diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of assigned equipment, will frequently climb, lift, crawl, bend, squat, and kneel as required to obtain access.
- Must be able to transport up to 75 pounds while taking materials and/or tools to and from worksite.
- As a member of the emergency response team, must be able to hastily access emergency response sites and assist others in evacuation, including transporting others who are unable to transport themselves.