This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. NAs are eligible for a bonus of $2500 for Full Time positions, and $1500 for Part Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and educational assistance.
Atrium Health Kings Mountain, a facility of Atrium Health Cleveland, first opened in 1951 as Kings Mountain Hospital. Since then, it has earned national distinction for patient care and clinical excellence. In 2015, Kings Mountain was named a Top Rural Hospital by The Leapfrog Group, a nonprofit organization focused on quality and safety in healthcare.
Atrium Health Kings Mountain is a 67-bed hospital with a broad range of services, from 24/7 emergency services and heart care to behavioral health and rehabilitation.
Atrium Health Kings Mountain North/Progressive Care unit consists of 32 beds serving medical/surgical and progressive care patients. Our unit displays extraordinary teamwork in a steady patient flow environment. We work closely with the physicians, case management, and therapy partners to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach. Our primary diagnosis among our population consists of pneumonia, rule out chest pain, and stroke being among the most common. Our unit culture is one where teamwork is essential, teammates are supportive, and everyone works together for the betterment of the patients. Perks of Atrium Health include professional development, shared governance, recognition & rewards, and many more educational and financial benefits. The ideal candidate is a team-player, accountable, caring, and appreciates autonomy. We look forward to YOU joining our team.
The Nurse Aide - Weekender assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competencies as appropriate to the needs of the patient population served.
- Supports patients/residents with activities of daily living.
- Assists patients/residents with personal hygiene.
- Takes vital signs and height and weight measurements.
- Feeds and ambulates patients/residents according to specific procedures.
- Maintains patient/resident’s rooms in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observes and reports changes in patient/resident conditions.
- Orients patients/families to unit and instructs patient on safety measures.
- Assists with clerical work such as, including answering phones, entering data and maintaining medical records.
- Maintains stock supply items in inventory management.
- Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide I or Nurse Aide II tasks (per North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II Tasks List).
- Perform technical tasks with appropriate training such as administering a 12- Lead Electrocardiogram test and routine venipuncture.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide I or with the North Carolina Board of Nursing as a Nurse Aide II.
- BLS required per policy guidelines.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Those required by unit. Includes blood pressure manometer, stethoscope, thermometer, personal protective equipment, wheelchairs, stretchers, utility cars, and related clinical equipment.