GI Tech - PRN Endoscopy - Ballantyne
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 80706
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekday Day Shift - PRN
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 48511009132411-Gastroenterology
The GI Technician assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Assists with the care of the GI patients, neonate through the geriatric years. Maintains a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Assists physicians with Endoscopic procedures.
- Performs personal care for the comfort and well-being of the patient; including but not limited to assisting patients with bedpan and/or with ambulating to the restroom, transfers to bed, wheelchair and/or stretcher, turning and positioning patients. Escorts patients as needed.
- Sets up rooms for procedures including setting up computer with patient’s name and procedure, making occupied and unoccupied beds. Assists with room/unit inventory, ordering and distribution of supplies.
- Cleans endoscopes either by sterilization or high-level disinfection.
- Assists with oxygen therapy by maintenance of oxygen therapy, safety measures and care of oxygen equipment.
- Performs vital signs and documents in the medical record (pulse, respiration, blood pressure).
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Surgical or GI Technology training preferred and/or NA I or NA II with Department of Facility Services preferred.
- BLS required per policy guidelines.
- Successful completion of the SGNA GI Associates Program required within 6 months of employment.
- Must maintain 6 educational contact hours annually in the GI field of study.
- Computer skills preferred.