Dietitian Nutritionist - Atrium Health Lincoln PRN
Lincolnton, NC, United States
Job ID: 81488
Job Family: Nutrition Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: PRN traveling to AH Lincoln, AH Cleveland, Mt Holly
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11091005331709-Clinical Nutrition
Provides clinical nutrition services including medical nutrition therapy (MNT), assessment, education, developing, monitoring, and implementing MNT for patient assigned units. Follows guidelines governing PRN position.
- Assesses nutritional status of patients utilizing current scientific literature on methodology and relates this information to medical status, anthropometric data, clinical assessment, and dietary evaluation of the patient.
- Completes all required documentation including nutritional care plan, assessments, consultations, nutrient intake analyses and patient education in the patient's medical record and on all required documentation tools in a timely, professional, and thorough manner.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education. Develops, evaluates, and utilizes appropriate education materials for patients. Identifies learning needs using methods appropriate to each patient's developmental and educational level; evaluates and documents learner response to teaching.
- Completes consults as ordered by physicians and nurses. Consults with physicians, nurses, clinical dietitians, and others to coordinate nutrition into a total patient therapy program.
- Participates in conducting meal rounds to assess nutritional intake and status of patients on assigned units and to assess quality of patient meal service. Advises department on patient care and food service issues.
- Teaches and disseminates results and findings of nutrition research to medical staff, nursing, pharmacy, patients, and public.
- Arranges for the provision of appropriate care, for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, and adult and the older adult.
- May travel to other locations in Shelby and Mt. Holly
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- RD/LDN registry eligible or Registered Dietitian (Commission on Dietetic Registration) and Licensed by the NC Board of Dietetics and Nutrition required.
- If RD/LDN registry eligible, RD/LDN registered required within 4 months of hire.
- Specialty certification (i.e., CDCES, CNSC, AND Certifications) may be required.
- Department managers determine requirements for specialty certifications relevant to the position and the timeframe required to obtain.
- Must be able to give and receive verbal communications on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to read written communications on a continuous basis both hard copy and on a computer screen.
- Able to compose written communications frequently.
- Able to lift and carry objects weighing 25 pounds or less occasionally.
- Able to perform motor skills as reaching out/up.
- Frequent periods of walking, standing, sitting. Infrequently squatting, twisting, and bending.