Radiology Technologist (Evening Shift | ER Dept.)
This job posting is no longer active.
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 65810
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: MON, TUES, THURS, FRI 1p-11:30p
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12011053139243-Radiology - Diagnostics
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible.
Performs radiographic examinations with minimal supervision under the direction of the Radiologist. Coordinates daily activities to include performing examinations and associated clerical duties.
- Performs and assists with radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures.
- Documents patient history pertaining to specific procedure on requisition submitted by physician.
- Confirms patient identification by verbal confirmation and validating proof of identity.
- Prepares and administers contrast media as required.
- Consults with radiologist and other physicians as necessary.
- Selects and operates equipment as dictated by demands of individual procedure and demonstrates correct and adequate anatomic positioning skills.
- Maintains appropriate records as required by departmental standards.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Performs radiographic examinations with proficiency utilizing radiation safety practices to produce a high quality examination with general supervision while under the direction of the Radiologist.
- Coordinates daily activities to include performing examination and clerical duties.
- Successful completion of a formal Radiology Technology Program in an AMA Approved facility required.
- Registered by the ARRT required OR if a New Graduate, must be registry eligible and must be registered within 1 year of hire date.1 year of direct patient care work experience preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required.