Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 80978
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Variable
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112541605-Patient Access - Emergency Department
The Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and supervising the employees and daily operations of Patient Access Services. Functional areas that report to this position could include IP/OP and ED registration, as well as others as assigned. The supervisor aids in in setting goals, priorities and performance standards for the registration-based functions within the Patient Access Department. The Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for ensuring high quality and customer service. The Patient Access Supervisor works closely with the business units to meet defined service level agreements and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction. The Patient Access Supervisor reports to the Director or Manager of Patient Access Services.
1. High school diploma or GED from an accredited institute required.
2. Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
1. Four years of progressively responsible work experience in Patient Access field required and should include two years of demonstrated ability to lead others.
2. Two years of supervisory/lead experience preferred.
1. Certified Patient Account Credentials through HFMA, Certified Hospital Access Associate Credentials through NAHAM and/or comparable recognized certification pertinent to role preferred.