This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 81054
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Su, M, Th Nights 7p-7a
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112530001-Emergency Department
The Emergency Medical Technician (hereafter referred to as EMT) works under the supervision of the ED Manager. The EMT is responsible for providing care to the sick and injured within the medical facility. Under general supervision, the EMT provides basic to intermediate-level emergency and non-emergency care to the ill and injured, including assessment of illness and/or injury, management of sick patients, and patient care. The EMT is committed to the utilization of the Floyd standards for the provision of quality care and service to the community. The Floyd value compass standards are inherent throughout the care administration process.
1. High school diploma or GED from an accredited institute required
2. State-approved Emergency Medical Technician course
1.Current Basic Cardiac Life Support
2. Current Georgia Emergency Medical Technician certification (EMT-A)
3. Current advanced cardiac life support certification of audit or equivalent
4. Current basic trauma life support certification of audit or equivalent