APP - Hospitalist - CHG Pineville, Nocturnist
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 75243
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Hospital Medicine
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Swing Shift - 7 shifts on followed by 7 shifts off
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 25011005430977-Hospitalists Services - Inpatient
Position details include:
- Nocturnists work schedules of 7 on / 7 off, 8 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Weekends included in rotation above
- 100% inpatient adult medicine, no open ICU or procedures
- Hospital based practice with team-based panel of physicians and ACP providers
- 7 days on and 7 days off, or unless otherwise specified by the specific site
- Holidays, weekends and extended hours required
- Call is not required but shifts may include cross cover responsibilities
- Procedures not expected
- Designated clinical support staff including RNs and staff administrative assistants
- Teaching opportunities with ACP students and ACP fellows
- Eligible for PTO and year end bonus based on yearly physician/ACP team goals
- Centralized professional support from the Center for Advanced Practice
- $2500 of CME allowance
- Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program. Must be Acute Care NP or Physician Assistant. Current license to practice as a NP or PA in North Carolina.
- Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice. Certification as psychiatric NP from a nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred. Current or pending CAQ certification preferred.
- +1-2 years of experience REQUIRED.
- Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program. Current license to practice as a NP or PA in North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS for healthcare provider from AHA required.
- Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice. Certification as an Adult Acute care NP from a nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Physician Assistants with master’s degree and certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
- Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a fast paced, complex hospital environment.
- NC or SC Licensure depending on practice locations
Atrium Health is looking for an experienced full time advanced clinical practitioner (ACP) to provide inpatient medicine services to the adult population 18 years of age or older. This ACP will work autonomously and collaboratively with the hospitalists, inpatient ACPs and clinical support staff to manage adult inpatients. The provider in this position will perform all aspects of inpatient general medical management for adult patients, including hospital admissions, rounding, discharges and consultative services. The provider will be responsible for clinical care of acute, subacute and chronic disease processes including appropriate utilization of ancillary clinical staff and subspecialty services. The provider in this role must enjoy the demands of caring for a wide array of disease processes and the necessary collaborative practice as part of the hospitalist group. The provider will be comfortable engaging other services within the multidisciplinary team while caring for hospitalized patients. Team based approach and steadfast patient care is a must.