Lead Maintenance Mechanic IV - HVAC - Atrium Health Pineville - Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 79908
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 700 - 3:30 Monday through Friday
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11071005441904-Plant Operations
Performs as a lead HVAC mechanic, assisting department leadership to carry out the daily requirements of the department and demonstrates all essential job functions for maintaining mechanical systems throughout multiple facilities. Assumes supervisory role in the absence of leadership.
- Monitors and operates HVAC equipment such as air handling units, pumps, and heat exchangers using the building automation systems at multiple facilities.
- Has working knowledge of chillers, boilers, cooling towers and how they interact with supported systems.
- Monitors, maintains, and troubleshoots building systems using the building automation system and implements/modifies energy efficient control strategies.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and utilizes building automation system for any maintenance issues.
- Makes and/or coordinates repairs and replacements to HVAC, and mechanical systems as assigned. Handles multiple project/repair assignments and assesses/coordinates staffing requirements.
- Supervises and coordinates material requirements and requisitions for assigned repairs/projects.
- Oversees and instructs teammates on equipment, controls and safety. Supervises numerous jobs at several locations as assigned.
- Evaluates building system failures (HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical, building hardware) and direct the repairs as required to ensure that safety and patient care are not affected.
- Secures parts and supplies through the storeroom. Selects and requests materials appropriate for the assigned job.
- Provide capital equipment recommendations and budgets. Provides capital equipment project management.
- Reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and manuals to implement work involving layout, material take-off, and troubleshooting techniques as well as provide comments on all design review drawings.
- Performs a variety of planned maintenance tasks and/or inspections on assigned equipment or areas.
- Provides documentation on timesheets and work orders using computer systems. Fully utilizes the computerized maintenance management work order system.
- Observes and follows all safety and security regulations, department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists outside service personnel, inspectors, and vendors. Coordinates and leads the implementation of small projects, requiring oversight of junior mechanics, vendors and contractors. Supports, as necessary, engineers, contractors, and designers in the implementation of building projects.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Five years’ experience as general building and systems mechanic required, healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience with building automation systems, Metasys preferred.
- Experience working in teams, leading project teams, including junior staff, preferred.
- Experience with state, local and federal regulations preferred (ex: OSHA, health department, Joint Commission).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds when transporting equipment from facility or job site.
- When performing diagnosis, maintenance and repair of assigned equipment, will be frequently required to climb, lift, crawl, squat and kneel to access sites.
- Exposure to electrical shock hazards, severe weather conditions, infectious diseases, and hazardous chemicals.
- Provides good verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of hospital personnel.