Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 79314
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8am-430pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112535079-Palliative Care Services
The Social Worker performs duties necessary to provide the best in patient care but not to an extent requiring service and judgment of a registered or licensed nurse. The Social Worker provides direct services to benefit adult, and geriatric patients and/or their families in their adjustment to illness, hospitalization, recovery, discharge and/or referral. Provides and maintains a clean, safe and quiet environment in support of patient comfort and contentment. Performs duties associated with the planning, development and implementation of patient programs. Works cooperatively with the medical staff and other hospital staff who support care of the adult and geriatric patients.
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. B.S, MSW, M.A., M.S., or M.Ed. in sociology, counseling, psychology, education or related field
1. One year experience in hospital social work
2. Experience in obtaining social histories
1. State licensure encouraged
2. Heartsaver Course A required
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.