Manager - Distribution Center - Atrium Health - Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 78922
Job Family: Materials Management Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F Day Shift
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343017-SCM Transport Services
Manages and coordinates the distribution of materials for production and delivery via the inventory, picking and re-stock process. Performs analysis of materials re-stock, picking, inventory and delivery process to determine optimum control levels to eliminate inventory and re-stock errors. Provides support to production scheduling on all material flow issues to meet production schedules and customer requirements.
- Manages the overall activities of the Distribution Center.
- Assigns and directs the activities of the staff.
- Assures that all functions are working properly, effectively and in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Ensures leadership routinely receives reports on the activities of the department.
- Verifies that all personnel practices job safety and has the proper training for each job assignment.
- Hires, terminates and disciplines employees as warranted and in keeping with the practice of the organization and the Director of Materials Management.
- Assures proper coverage of personnel on a twenty-four hour, seven-day a week operation.
- Provides assistance to all persons for proper procedure for requisitioning supplies from the Distribution Center.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Associates Degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 7 years experience in supervising and managing a distribution center and hospital materials management personnel required.
- Must be able to lift seventy 70 pounds and push or pull up to 500 pounds.
- Requires walking, standing, sitting and working in elevated positions for long periods of time.