Registered Nurse, ASN - Orthopedic Surgery | Medical Group
This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 78249
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 32351074733092-Orthopedic Surgery
Schedule/Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Work Location: Musculoskeletal Institute (Ortho Trauma) 840 Pine Street, Suite 500 Macon, GA 31201 (Downtown Macon)
What you will do:
- Assessment: Involves the patient, family, other healthcare providers in collecting and prioritizing patient health information (PHI).
- Uses appropriate evidence - based assessment techniques and tools. Documents relevant data in the appropriate format.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessments.
- Notifies physician of significant changes in patient status, including critical results.
- Interprets and documents PHI for determining plan of care. Identifies and documents patient/family learning and discharge needs.
- Nursing diagnosis: Identifies and documents the diagnoses, problem list or issues based on assessment. Validates the diagnoses, problem list or issues with the patient, family, and others when appropriate.
- Outcomes Identification: Involves the patient, family, and other healthcare providers in identifying and documenting expected outcomes & timelines.
- Defines expected outcomes in terms of the patient, patient values, ethical and cultural considerations, environment, situation and continuity of care.
- Planning: Involves the patient, family and other healthcare providers in developing and documenting a plan of care that is culturally sensitive, to include discharge and learning needs.
- Implementation: Provides/ documents age appropriate care into a culturally sensitive manner.
- Provides nursing care based on patient-focused outcomes and are evidence based standards of care.
- Coordination of Care and Professional Models of Care: Coordinates all facets of care.
- Evaluation: Evaluates and documents the effectiveness of the plan. Uses ongoing assessment data to revise the nursing diagnoses, outcomes, plan and the implementation as needed.
- Quality: Uses the results of quality improvement activities, creativity and innovation to improve patient care.
- Education/Teaching/Community Involvement: Participates in at least 4 hours of education beyond the mandatories.
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and acquired knowledge, skills and certification appropriate to the practice setting.
- Manage a case load of 35-40 patients per day
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings and Spending Account options)
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan with employer-matching contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance Plans
- Employee discounts/perks
- Employee Fitness and Wellness Center
What you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN or eNLC license with the Georgia Board of Nursing
- Current BLS required within 30 days of hire