CARDIOVASCULAR LAB SPECIALIST II - VASCULAR LAB
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 63731
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Day shift, 7ap, varies. On call.
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12011053132051-Cardiovascular - Interventional
Under general supervision, serves as expert resource for performing and teaching in CV/Cath/EP labs. Utilizes professional cardiovascular theory, technology and processes to implement direct patient care on adult patients that require diagnostic or therapeutic procedures within the cardiovascular service. Demonstrates competence in administering these procedures including, but not limited to PTCA, stent placement, IABP placement and EP procedures.
- Plans, provides, and documents care of cardiovascular invasive labs patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures; uses professional clinical judgment in assisting the physician to plan the care for the patient based on the assessment of the patient's diagnosis, needs and response to care.
- Operate, monitors, records, evaluates, and maintains patient information.
- Meets challenges of case volumes and patient care issues to ensure optimal care and outcomes; works in an organized and timely fashion by prioritizing tasks to ensure efficient and efficacious patient care.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of reported laboratory data; reports variances to physician and ensures that variances have been addressed; ensures all recorded data is accurate and makes corrections as needed.
- Operates, inspects, troubleshoots and performs routine maintenance for variety of invasive lab equipment; effectively operates all devices utilized in procedures; initiates maintenance or service request for equipment that is damaged or malfunctioning.
- Performs daily room QCs and notifies appropriate people of variances; prepares procedure room and equipment for daily use and each procedure; ensures that stock on hand is sufficient to accommodate routine daily case volumes; conducts in-room inventory and supply management; is aware of and stores all patient care products according to established regulations and standards.
- Documents, retrieves and verify data necessary for patient records.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings; support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities activities.
- Adhere to standards including but not limited to unit and Navicent Health policies and procedures, regulatory standards, and patient safety goals.
- Serves as resource for others in use of advanced skills and collaborates with team to individualize the plan of care.
- Actively participates in at least one Leadership or Quality Committee within the invasive areas
- Serves as expert resource for performing and teaching others in any of the following innovative modalities: EP mapping systems, Percutaneous Valves, Ventricular Assist Devices (future technology considerations can be added that require significant training and proficiency to master and represent programs unique to DUHS)
- Demonstrates mastery of complex and varied procedures within the invasive Procedural Categories A, B, and C. (NOTE: The contents of these Procedural Categories should be referenced as an appendix for each lab area).
- Mentors’ others in complex and varied procedures within the invasive procedural areas.
- Other related duties as required.
Education, Training, and Experience
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a health science program (including, but not limited to, cardiovascular technology, ultrasound, radiologic technology, respiratory therapy, or nursing). Must have documented competency in interpretation of EKG and hemodynamics. Cardiac Catheterization or Electrophysiology Lab experience preferred. Allied health professional experience in cardiology preferred
Other Job Requirements, Licenses, Certifications
RCIS, RCES, or IBHRE certification within 24 months of hire and remains in active status Basic Life Support Certification required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification required within 6 months of employment