Manager - Service Leader - Atrium Health CMC - Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 78108
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday thru Friday 7a - 4p
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005041901-Maintenance
Working independently, responsible for the day-to-day planning, coordination, organization and direction of the Plant Operations and Maintenance functions for the assigned department(s) within a single facility or campus. Generally, manages a single cost center, and assigned facility providing plant operations and maintenance expertise and coordination in generally less acute settings of care. The Manager will coordinate resources in a manner that supports the Atrium Health mission and recommends and implements efficient solutions. Manages the implementation and administration of standards, audit methodologies, and staff training necessary to meet or exceed all regulatory compliance requirements as established by Administration. Oversee safety compliance and installation of capital projects as assigned throughout assigned departments. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance.
- Maintain and administer maintenance programs in support of the departmental and organizational mission and vision statements.
- Assists in the development of departmental goals and objectives.
- Coordinate interdepartmental and intradepartmental services. Maintain excellent communications with Director, POM staff, and customers.
- Coordinate and implement all regulatory compliance standards to support assigned facility(ies).
- Coordinate the implementation of standardized record keeping and reporting for assigned department as specified by FMG policies and procedures. Manage an effective audit program to ensure timely compliance.
- Conduct routine POM staff meetings for employee training and timely distribution of information related to the department and organization.
- Maintain an awareness of equipment and systems performance and report any abnormalities to the Director.
- Identify cost savings initiatives and process improvement initiatives and present them to the Director for possible implementation.
- Manage departmental budget and ensure budget is maintained within parameters. Report any variances for analysis.
- Responsible for the management and welfare of assigned employees in accordance with departmental and HR policies and procedures.
- Ensures the implementation and enforcement of Atrium Health adopted safety policies and procedures. Responsible for personally working in a safe manner.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a positive and cooperative work environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- A technical associate degree is preferred but may be substituted with technical/leadership experience and 3 years of successful supervisory experience.
- Documented course work and/or seminars related codes and standards required.
- CHFM preferred.
- Experience with BAS, CMMS and automated fire systems preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant NFPA codes, TJC standards, and relevant state and local codes required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Mobile within facility(ies) and must climb, lift, crawl, squat and kneel to observe work and conditions.
- Ability to sense vibration, smells, heat and cold.
- Exposure to hazardous chemical and materials, hot piping, steam, live electrical systems, uneven or unsteady walking surfaces, construction hazards and may work from ladders/other precarious platforms.