Application Specialist - Architect
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 76791
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341720-Patient Experience/Support
Formulates and defines designs and configurations across multiple systems or functional areas. Prepares detailed specifications from which system configuration can be done. Oversees the design and configuration work of other application specialists across multiple modules or systems.
- Designs, builds/configures, tests, and assists with conversion and operational support planning activities and tasks of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Develops work plans, estimate tasks, set budgets.
- Serves as a healthcare information services applications subject matter expert and healthcare operational environment resource across multiple applications/systems and operational environments.
- Delivers independence of clients business requirements, offers effective alternatives and works as an integration point across multiple client departments.
- Analyzes multiple applications and recommends solutions for those areas in order to comply with strategic direction. Works across modules and serves as an integration point to ensure multiple design teams are not in conflict.
- Assist with project manager(s) with developing and implementing cross functional plans for major project integration segments such as design, build and test.
- Develops individual team member competencies in regard to application/system content knowledge, application/system functional knowledge, and business/work flow knowledge and content.
- Manages and coordinates work efforts with multiple vendors. Non-managerial role but still able to supervise and provide direction to associate, intermediate, and senior analysts on applications or system functional activities.
- Ensures all user requests are received in writing, properly evaluated and responded to in a timely manner.
Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Environment is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed. Works with minimal supervision.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Clinical Area or related field preferred. Formal training in a variety of information systems technology is desirable: desktop applications (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, etc.), databases (MS-Access, Oracle, Sybase, etc.), software development packages (Visual Basic), programming languages (C++), SQR and Crystal, Unix AIX. 3 years experience with the information systems required. 5 years experience in the healthcare industry required. Must be a service oriented, team player.