Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 76848
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: PRN
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 16011016630168-CRNA Anesthesia Services - Surgical
Provides technological support to the Anesthesia Care Team in the Operating Room and ancillary anesthesia sites.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Prior Anesthesia Tech or medical experience preferred. Degree preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: N/A ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides room turnover in operating rooms and ancillary sites between cases by discarding used/disposable items. Cleans monitors, cables, cords and all exposed anesthesia surfaces. Sets room back up for cases to follow and communicates with Anesthesia Care Team if further assistance is needed.
2. Sets up anesthesia delivery and patient care systems.
3. While case is in progress, fills special requests and attends to continuing needs of the Anesthesia Care Team.
4. Cleans all anesthesia areas. Uses instrument processing system, inventories and restocks trays, ploss carts, gas machines, D-cells, and workrooms. Disinfects all anesthesia areas and removes all unused and/or excess items from rooms.
5. Maintains daily communication with supervisors, co-workers, and the Anesthesia Care Team to resolve problems. Prior to the start of a case, discusses equipment and supplies needed with anesthesia provider. Provides input on equipment problems and supply needs. Liaison with Clinical Equipment Management to resolve problems with malfunctioning equipment or proper use of equipment.
6. Ensures new CRNSs, SRNAs, faculty, and residents are educated on infection control guidelines, safety procedures and personal protective equipment.
7. Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers and all departmental staff. Assists co-workers whenever possible, shares workloads equally and cooperates with each to resolve personal conflicts.
8. Performs in accordance with age/developmental specific case guidelines regarding the use of appropriate supplies and equipment.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Variations in temperature from hot to cold Exposure to hazardous body fluids, wastes, gasses, and chemicals Occasional exposure to radiation hazards Required to wear personal protective equipment: face and eye protection, gown, mask, and non-sterile medical gloves
Activity X Standing X Walking X Sitting X Bending X Reaching with arms X Finger and hand dexterity X Talking X Hearing X Seeing Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling: X 20 lbs. maximum X 50 lbs. maximum X 100 lbs. maximum