CRNA I - AH Mercy
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 76396
Job Family: Anesthesia Services (CRNAs)
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8s
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 16011016630168-CRNA Anesthesia Services - Surgical
Administers intravenous, inhaled, regional, or other anesthetics to render patients insensible to pain during medical or surgical procedures. Maintains anesthetics at required levels and supports life functions during the administration of anesthesia, under the supervision of a licensed anesthesiologist.
- Manages patients undergoing general, regional and local anesthesia appropriately.
- Develops an appropriate anesthetic plan of care taking into account the patient's medical history and test results.
- Works in conjunction with the anesthesiologist to form an integrated anesthesia care team.
- Performs venous and arterial access procedures as necessary.
- Recognizes anesthetic complications or unfavorable patient conditions and adjusts anesthetic plan accordingly.
- Communicates to both the anesthesiologist and the surgeon the patient's status.
- Remains at the head of the bed when transporting the patient to the recovery unit and submits a complete report to the nurse receiving the patient.
- Performs a daily check of the anesthesia machine and other essential equipment and demonstrates knowledge of the proper use of the anesthesia machine and accessory equipment.
Requires frequent walking and standing. Must be able to assist in moving, by pushing, pulling or lifting, patients greater than 100 pounds. Requires frequent stooping, kneeling, bending and reaching. Able to use both hands and perform fine manipulations with the fingers. Near visual acuity, depth perception and color perception are required. Clear speech and the ability to hear is mandatory. Occasional exposure to noise and the hazards resulting from inhalation agents occur.
Education, Experience and Certifications
NC RN licensure required. Graduate of an accredited School of Nurse Anesthesia required. CRNA licensure required. BLS and ACLS HCP from AHA required.