Athletic Trainer Atrium Health-Lincolnton
This job posting is no longer active.
Lincolnton, NC, United States
Job ID: 75610
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Specialty: Sports Medicine
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 29021037437504-Sports Medicine
Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers programs of athletic training to restore function, prevent disability, and help athletes reach their maximum level of independence. Performs supervisory duties and participates in continuing education. Works closely with other disciplines and specialties within the department and facility as well as with athletes and families to assure a cohesive approach to athlete care.
- Evaluates athletes and sports related injuries, designs and implements athletic training for rehabilitation and reconditioning, establishes a care plan to include necessary activities and athlete education as warranted by the athlete's diagnosis and condition.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician, athlete, and/or family as evidenced by documentation.
- Communicates athlete's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff and coordinates athlete's schedule, treatment programs, discharge planning, and recommends solutions to athlete care problems.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress reports, daily treatment notes, attendance records, athlete/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and changes as needed.
- Re-evaluates athletes as needed, modifying goals and treatment as the athlete's status changes.
- Applies strapping, bandaging, or bracing designed to prevent or protect athletes from injury and identifies need for and utilizes appropriate assistive devices.
- Provides and documents athlete and family education in and family education in regard to deficits, progress toward goals, and therapeutic techniques, with individualized instruction for a home program.
- Assists with orienting new staff and directs and supervises activities of athletic training students and volunteers involved in administering care to athletes.
- Provides cross-coverage as needed throughout Carolina Healthcare System facilities and on-site athletic training coverage at sporting events.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with athletes, staff, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and normal language/cognitive skills. Must be able to push athletes in a wheelchair or stretchers. Lifting of athletes, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 100 pounds rarely. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Must be able to transfer athletes. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to athletes/caregivers. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training (AT) from an accredited AT education program required. Successful completion of the Certification Examination through the National Council for AT required. Licensed in NC or SC as an AT required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.