Chief Quality and Safety Officer - Advocate Health
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 77696
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342318-Executive Recruitment
About Advocate Health
In December of 2022, Advocate Aurora Health and Atrium Health came together to create Advocate Health so we can do more, be better and go faster to help more people live well. Together, we can deliver the best health outcomes and make care more accessible and affordable for all.
- Providing care under the names Advocate Health Care in Illinois, Atrium Health in the Carolinas, Georgia and Alabama, and Aurora Health Care in Wisconsin, Advocate Health is a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, health equity, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise.
- Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Advocate Health serves nearly 6 million patients and is engaged in hundreds of clinical trials and research studies.
- It is nationally recognized for its expertise in cardiology, neurosciences, oncology, pediatrics and rehabilitation, as well as organ transplants, burn treatments and specialized musculoskeletal programs.
- Advocate Health employs nearly 150,000 team members across 67 hospitals and over 1,000 care locations, and offers one of the nation’s largest graduate medical education programs with over 2,000 residents and fellows across more than 200 programs.
- Committed to equitable care for all, Advocate Health provides nearly $5 billion in annual community benefits.
Reporting to the EVP, Chief Medical Officer- Advocate Health, the Chief Quality & Safety Officer is accountable for all aspects of providing high quality and safe care across the Advocate Health enterprise, resulting in measurably improved outcomes for patients across the healthcare system. Provides leadership, direction and guidance in the areas of Quality Management, Patient Safety, Medical Staff Services/Credentialing, Regulatory & Accreditation, Health Equity, and related functions. Embodies a collaborative and optimistic style needed to deliver results and strategically build teams across multiple geographies. This executive will also provide leadership to our regional and market-based Chief Medical Officers. Position will work across the Enterprise and connect with other executives to drive Quality and Safety outcomes.
- Partners with Quality and Safety colleagues across the enterprise to identify opportunities, share best practices and drive outcomes across Advocate Health.
- Enables and supports an exceptionally safe and high quality of patient care, customer service and operational performance, in all areas listed above, and throughout Advocate Health.
- Champions health equity efforts to provide equitable access and outcomes to all patients.
- Develops, implements and enhances a system-wide, full continuum performance improvement program.
- Works closely with Quality, Safety, and senior leadership to accomplish the organization’s quality/safety goals.
- Contributes to the development of the system’s strategic goals in relation to high reliability quality/safety initiatives and the reduction of variation in care.
- Works collaboratively on development, implementation, evaluation and revision of quality-of-care strategies.
- Partners to identify industry leading practices for all aspects of Quality Management, to include; achievement in regulatory continuous readiness, performance improvement, infection prevention, and credentialling.
- Represents Advocate Health nationally as a leader of Quality & Safety.
- Provides consultative guidance and implementation support to staff and leadership at the operating sites.
- Ensures on-going system health outcome measure trending is maintained and assessed to identify priorities and opportunities for improvement; continuously generates ideas for improvement.
- Maintains effective operations and employee morale by appropriately handling hiring, orientation/training, performance review, and disciplinary actions within established policy.
- Required: Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities
- 10 years clinical experience and at least five years leadership experience managing quality, patient safety and related key initiatives in a large, complex integrated health system or similarly complex environment
- Preferred Experience: Demonstrated track record of success leading Quality and Safety program, with accountability to CMO, CEO and Board of Trustees
- Successful leadership and supervisory experience required.
- Advanced computer skills with demonstration of competence in use of all Microsoft Office applications required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral/written communication, including presentation to executive level audience and physician leaders
Enterprise Leadership Imperatives:
Thinks Critically and Strategically
- Engages in rigorous problem-solving definition, data collection, and analysis, then makes good decisions in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Recognizes important patterns in complex environments, distills the essence, and communicates through “powerful simplification.”
- Sees the big picture and has a long-term perspective, while balancing it against short-term realities.
Envisions and Enacts the Future
- Creates and communicates compelling visions of exciting, achievable futures.
- Mobilizes people and transforms organizations to realize the vision.
- Catalyzes innovation and builds supporting capabilities.
- Is a committed steward of the Advocate Health culture.
Connects and Collaborates Across Advocate Health
- Recognizes the critical importance of integration and collaboration in achieving high performance.
- Convenes and nurtures cross-system teams and works effectively in the “white spaces.”
- Seeks win-win outcomes and puts the well-being of the patient and the overall organization first.
- Leads effectively across cultures.
Builds and Leads Inclusive, High-performing Leadership Teams
- Understands the value of diversity in teams and gets the best out of all people.
- Establishes trust and creates a culture of psychological safety to enable candid debate.
- Builds consensus; decides when necessary.
- Delivers outstanding results through others.
Understands and Shapes the External Environment
- Is deeply knowledgeable about the Advocate Health business model and the consumer, competitive, political and social environments in which the organization operates.
- Understands the importance of actively engaging with and shaping these environments.
- Identifies, assesses and builds relationships with key stakeholders.
- Mobilizes and directs supporting capabilities in public affairs, communications and government relations to achieve desired outcomes.
Builds Talent for and Across the System
- Demonstrated personal accountability for developing future generations of Advocate Health leaders who reflect the diversity of communities we serve.
- Engages actively with colleagues in assessing and developing executive talent, focusing on competencies and character.
- Invests time in coaching and mentoring high potentials for success.
- Is a role model, embodying the best of Advocate Health’s culture.