This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 76387
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12011053141802-Environmental Services
Job Summary: The Supervisor directly oversees the activities of assigned Environmental Services staff to ensure that assigned areas are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with requisite standards of quality and safety. The Supervisor also assumes responsibility for enforcement of polices & procedures, care of equipment, control of supplies, and training of employees. He or she is responsible for making decisions regarding allocation or human resources based on the collective needs of the entire health system.
1.Education: Completion of High School or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or some college work preferred.
2. Experience: Three years of previous Environmental Services and/or Grounds keeping experience required. A Bachelor’s degree in lieu of experience is acceptable.
3. Certification/License/Registration: Registered/Certified Executive Housekeeper (REH/CEH), Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP) preferred. Also, a valid Georgia driver’s license is required for this position.
4. Position Titles and Number Supervised: Environmentalists I, Environmentalists II, and Environmental Services Team Leaders
5. Special Training/Skills: The Supervisor must have the knowledge and skills to use all equipment, departmental manuals, computers, Bed Tracking software, chemicals and floor machines. He or she must also be able to perform the duties of Environmentalists I and II when / if needed.
6. Physical Demands: Must be able to use visual near and distance acuity. Must have verbal ability to communicate in person and over the phone or radio. Must be able to assist co-workers in transfers and transport supplies, patients/residents, or equipment using good body mechanics.