Maintenance Mechanic III - Atrium Health Cleveland - Days
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 76527
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. On-Call Rotation
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11111004941904-Plant Operations
Inspects, installs and maintains mechanic, plumbing, electrical and/or refrigeration building systems involving repairs, calibration/adjustment, and maintenance. Oversees facility maintenance and repairs including generating purchase requisitions, securing parts and supplies, reading blue prints, schematics, wiring diagrams and manuals to implement work involving layout, material take-off and trouble-shooting techniques. Maintains all documentation for inspection, safety and compliance. Performs all responsibilities of Mechanic I and Mechanic II, providing guidance, overseeing and instructing subordinate mechanics on tools, equipment, safety and controls.
- Makes building system repairs and replacements to HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems as assigned.
- Adjusts, calibrates and troubleshoots equipment in specialty area.
- Performs variety of repairs and maintenance on all equipment as required to ensure that safety and patient care are not affected.
- Secures parts and supplies through the storeroom.
- Selects and requests materials appropriate for the assigned job.
- Generates purchase requisitions.
- Reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and manuals to implement work involving layout, material take-off and trouble-shooting techniques. Uses information from these resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collects and records all regulatory documentation, timesheets and work orders using computer systems.
- Fully utilizes the computerized maintenance management work order system.
- Performs a variety of planned maintenance tasks and/or inspections on assigned equipment or area.
- Oversees and instructs subordinate mechanics on tools, equipment, safety and controls.
- Observes and follows all safety and security regulations, department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Self-assesses tasks and priorities.
- Assists outside service personnel, inspectors and vendors.
- Interacts directly with internal customers, staff and patients as necessary.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two years of vocational training in the operation and repair of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment required.
- Three years’ experience with major plant equipment required.
- Must possess journeyman card and/or specific certification in a skilled trade or system.
- Contractor’s license preferred.
- Health care preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds while taking materials to and from sites.
- Must be mobile within entire facility(ies) including ability to access roof tops and crawl spaces.
- When performing diagnosis, maintenance and repair of assigned equipment, will frequently be required to climb, lift, crawl, and squat and kneel to access jobs.
- Exposure to electrical shock hazards, severe weather conditions, infectious disease and hazardous chemicals.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of hospital personnel.