This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 76756
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Three twelve hour shifts a week with a weekend rotation
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112530907-Nursing - Labor and Delivery
The OB Technician assists with functions performed within the Labor and Delivery Unit. The primary responsibility is to function as a scrub technician in both vaginal and cesarean section deliveries. This individual provides additional support to the nursing staff through the collection of data, such as vital signs and intake/output.
1. High school diploma or GED from an accredited institute required
2. Graduate of accredited Surgical Technologist program required
3. Obtains at least 12 hours of continuing education annually, which includes a minimum of six hours specific to obstetrical/neonatal nursing and a minimum of three hours of age specific in-service education
1. One year of experience preferred
1. Current BCLS certification, renewed annually
2. Surgical Technologist certification preferred (NBSTSA)