Nurse Aide - Healthcare Tech
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 74584
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 7p-7a
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030913-Nursing - 8DE High Risk Post Partum
JOB SUMMARY: Provides assistance to the nursing staff by rendering specific treatments in addition to basic nursing care to assigned patients. Delivers direct and indirect care following physician and nursing orders to achieve the highest standards of age/developmental specific care.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Completion of a North Carolina State Approved Nurse Aide I course required. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required.
- Participates in the implementation of the nursing process by giving direct care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN).
- Performs special procedures correctly under the direction of Registered Nurse (RN).
- Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, self, co-workers, and facility.
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely communication of patient information.
- Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients and family members in an effective, positive and professional manner.
- Takes personal responsibility and initiative for performance, professional growth and development.
- Provides age/developmental appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Performs effectively with frequent workload changes and competing demands
- Basic computer skills
- Contact with patients, family members, visitors, co-workers, and medical staff under wide variety of circumstances
- Regular exposure to blood-borne diseases, infectious and contagious diseases
- Subject to multiple interruptions
- Occasional exposure to radiation hazards Possible exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals
- Occasionally subject to irregular hours Uses personal protective equipment