Armed Security Officer - Atrium Health Cabarrus - Nights
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 75016
Job Family: Protective Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Rotating Nights
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11141004841814-Security
Sign On Bonus
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Experienced candidates with a minimum of 1 year of experience are eligible for a bonus of $3000 for Full Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Oversees a fixed post or patrols an assigned area to preserve peace and order, to protect persons and property, and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the team members, patients, visitors, and property of Atrium Health. Reports any unauthorized or suspicious persons, unsafe conditions or other irregularities. First responder to any imminent threat to life or safety.
- Enforces the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Atrium Health.
- Provides assistance to team members, patients, and visitors.
- Assists with traffic and parking patrol, which may require the operation of an Atrium Health Security vehicle.
- Documents observations, hazards, and incidents for follow-up corrective action.
- Appropriately and effectively intervenes when unruly, abusive, combative, threatening or armed persons are encountered.
- Communicates in a calm, factual, objective and courteous manner with all persons with whom communication or collaboration are necessary.
- Initial armed response to any imminent situation that threatens the life or safety of anyone on Atrium Health property.
- Takes immediate corrective action against hazards and conditions which may cause injury or damage, utilizing training and authority granted under NC Private Protective services and pursuant to NC General Statute.
- Reports any actions needed or taken to upper management. Acts as Field Training Officer.
- Successfully completes all mandated in-service training related to NC Private Protective Services Board to maintain armed security licensure.
- Demonstrates capability of communicating and demonstrating all skills required for the position as assessed through periodic skills assessments. Maintains all training and competency as required to maintain NC Private Protective Services Armed Security certification.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 2 years experience in private security (healthcare and/or armed preferred), security-related military, or law enforcement required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Armed Guard license as required by the NC Private Protective Services.
- Must complete or have completed training from Atrium Health that includes but is not limited to: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/De-escalation, defensive tactics, baton, TASER, and firearms.
- Must successfully complete Atrium Health minimum standards for armed security officers including acceptable firearms proficiency, background investigation, physical ability and psychological testing within 90 days of hire.
- Must obtain IAHSS Basic and Advanced Certification within 1 year of hire.
- May have to run or exert intense physical effort in moving or restraining others.
- Must have close and intermediate visual acuity.
- Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others.
- Walks/stands for extended periods of time, both inside and outside in a fast-paced environment.
- May be exposed to unfavorable weather conditions.