Employee Assistance Program Counselor - Atrium Health Behavioral Health Charlotte -Employee Assistance - PT PRN
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 74000
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Typically 2 partial days per week
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 46511014843804-Employee Assistance
Provides evaluation, referral, emergency and follow up services for both internal employees of Atrium Health as well as external employees of companies with which we contract EAP services. Assists employees and their families cope with work, medical, social, emotional, substance, legal, and other personal problems which they may be experiencing.
- Conducts assessments with EAP clients, formulates appropriate counseling goals, and performs counseling or a referral to meet the client's needs.
- Provides short-term counseling for clients not needing extensive treatment from an outside source.
- Provides follow-up with clients to evaluate continuity and effectiveness of the outside services, if referred.
- Serves as liaison between the client and their employer, HR department, and/or outside referrals for mandatory referrals or clients referred for drug positives as outlined in the specific company's policy.
- Provides a broad range of presentations to assist employees in coping with problems or issues which have been identified by EAP experience, staff and management requests, or Atrium Health requests.
- Provides orientations to employees and management for both internal and external clients.
- Offers consultation services to management/leadership.
- If full-time or part-time, is an account manager for external contracts (PRN counselors are not responsible for these items).
- If full-time or part-time, participates in the on-call rotation for after-hours emergency coverage; PRN counselors do not cover call.
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations and handling them effectively as outlined in the EAP protocols, which may require coverage outside of normal working hours.
- Assists EAP Director/Program Coordinators with marketing, sales, data collection, and record keeping, development of protocols, and program development.
- Assists with the functions necessary to run an office, including answering phones, filing, general office duties, and other tasks as determined necessary by the EAP Director.
- Participates in EAP, Departmental, Hospital, and Atrium committees, task forces, and other assignments as requested by the EAP Director or Hospital Administration.
Adequate vision is required for behavioral observations of clients to be alert for emergency and/o unsafe conditions. Adequate hearing is required for providing counseling services. Proper speaking and language skills are required to provide counseling. Stretching and bending may be required. Lifting ten pounds may be required. Capacity to sit for long periods of time.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work or related field required. Current professional licensure in the state of the counselor's practice required to practice counseling. 3 years experience in EAP related service preferred. CEAP certification preferred.