Discharge Planner- Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center- Hemodialysis Unit- FT Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 74681
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F Business hours
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005031510-Kidney Dialysis Unit
Provides crisis intervention and information/referral sources to patients and the patient social support system. Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to effect positive patient and family outcomes and to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Coordinates and facilitates post hospital planning for patient and patient social support system and serves as liaison between hospital, patients/patient support system and Department of Social Services during evaluation investigation.
- Assists patients and patient's social support in dealing with issues related to hospitalization and disease processes.
- Interviews patients and patient's social support system when appropriate to identify and assess needs, evaluate resources, and work with patient, patient's support system, and the multidisciplinary team to develop a post hospital plan of care.
- Provides psychosocial assessment with the patient and develops a post acute plan of care/discharge.
- Serves as a resource to hospital staff and physicians regarding emotional, social, and psychosocial components of the patient's illness and its effects on their social support system.
Works in an office type setting. Requires extensive walking throughout the facility. Prolonged periods of sitting reviewing medical records, documentation. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Intact sight and hearing with or without assistive devices is required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required. At least 1 year professional experience in hospital or health related setting preferred. Word and Outlook experience preferred.
**Dialysis experience preferred**