Senior Development Officer, Corporate & Foundation Relations
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 73846
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F days
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 81011005140501-Administration
Plays a lead role in conducting selected substantial System fund development programs and activities, with a strong emphasis on making contacts and developing relationships that will lead to major gifts from individuals, foundation, and corporations.
- Conducts a broad range of foundation fund development activities on behalf of facilities, programs, services and activities.
- Develops relationships with various individual, foundation, and corporate prospects, as well as community constituencies, in support of fund development activities.
- Strategizes, prepares, and presents multiple annual major gift proposals leading to significant gift results on an annual basis.
- Takes a lead role in special events fundraising in assigned areas, with an emphasis on obtaining major sponsorships when appropriate.
- Devises and implements appropriate growth strategies for existing and new System fund development activities, which includes independently developing likely new prospects for gift opportunities, as well as managing an existing portfolio of prospects.
- Mentors and provides assistance to less-experienced development officers.
- Provides support and fills in for leadership at various community and donor meetings as required.
- Participates in the day-to-day fund development and grant activities of the Foundation as required, including supporting major fundraising programs, projects and special events in collaboration with Foundation leadership, development officers and directors.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects, donors, sponsors, and grant makers in support of Atrium Health.
- Works closely and collaboratively with AHF’s development and events teams to support service line fundraising through major gifts, grants, and event sponsorships.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to develop high-quality proposals and grant applications; oversees prospecting, research, writing, budget development, and post-award activities. Develops and maintains a portfolio of general and tailored proposals and presentations to be utilized in gift solicitations.
- Strategizes, prepares, and presents proposals and grant applications leading to significant gift results on an annual basis.
- Partners with benefitting service lines and departments, AHF finance and gift officers, Office of Sponsored Programs, and any relevant external stakeholders to ensure timely use of funds, donor reporting, and confirm all gift/grant requirements are met.
- Actively monitors community activities and news to develop new corporate and foundation fundraising prospects associated with Foundation development activities.
- Simultaneously conducts and/or oversees ongoing fund development and advancement activities involving several projects and assignments while keeping all moving forward in line with Foundation objectives.
Requires ability to work under pressure of frequent fundraising and special event deadlines.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required. 5 to 10 years progressive fund development and/or related advancement experience required. Healthcare experience preferred. Experience in health care development or not-for-profit experience preferred.