Data Warehouse Developer - Intermediate - IAS Enterprise Data Management
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 66867
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Some flexibility outside 'regular business hours' M-F 8-5.
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342571-IAS Enterprise Data Management
Develops and maintains data warehouse data management processes, query/reporting tools, and analytical applications. Documents and analyzes data warehouse/decision support business requirements and associated source systems to build the application architecture and data management architecture. Designs, codes, test, debugs, documents, and maintains the analytical applications and data management process.
- Identifies, defines, and documents business requirements including information, cleansing, transformation, retention, summarization, and SLA requirements. Analyzes these requirements together with the data architect to determine data warehouse subject areas and data needs. Participates in database design sessions to ensure the data model meets the business requirements and supports the technical needs of the analytical applications.
- Designs, builds, and configures analytical applications and data access tools to meet business requirements. Establishes data classifications, data definitions, and data relationships and ensures this information is populated into the metadata repository.
- Analyzes business requirements and source system data structures to develop detailed source to target data mappings and data transformation rules. Develops data extract requirements for source system teams. Performs an in-depth analysis of source system data to ensure data adheres to identified business rules. Develops conceptual and detailed designs to extract, cleanse, transform, integrate, load, and summarize source data for the data warehouse (ETL processes). Confers with the data architect to ensure compatibility of design with data warehouse data model.
- Builds unit test, and integration tests systems interfaces, extract, transformation, load, and integration processes, and associated reports. Ensures that the programs adhere to the design specifications and that all tests are documented appropriately.
- Conducts system tests, customer acceptance tests, and performance tests to certify the integrity of the data warehouse environment. Develops, executes, and documents test cases to validate report accuracy against documented requirements and to verify the outcome of the data warehouse data management processes.
- Understands and implements data security and monitors and ensures data quality.
- Helps design and administer the metadata repository and updates it with source to target mappings and associated cleansing/transformation rules.
- Handles all training on the data warehouse data content, access tools, and management processes.
Work is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to CHS administration. This position requires high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must be on call (beeper) to respond to data warehouse production needs. Must be able to work in an air-conditioned environment. Must be able to lift to 35 lbs from floor to waist high tables or shelves six feet above floor level.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 2 years’ experience in designing, implementing and supporting data warehouse/decision support systems. Strong skills in design and development components, Oracle applications development, batch architecture development, AIX, SQL, PL/SL, relational database design/dimensional modeling, Business Objects, Visual Basic, Windows NT/Windows 2000.