Cardiac Sonographer IV - Atrium Health CMC- FT Day
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 73652
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays and on call.
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005032062-Echocardiography
Job Summary Responsible for the direct provision of patient care and for assisting the manager with daily cardiac ultrasound operations to include but not limited to coordination of patient care/outcomes and communications. Assists in performance improvement activities, service recovery and compliance with regulatory agency requirements.
Physical Requirements Involves exposure to infectious/contagious diseases and hazardous materials. Environment is climate controlled. Light to moderate physical requirements with frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Lifting of up to 200 pounds of weight with assistance. Pushing and pulling of up to 450 pounds.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to respond to emergency situations.
- In collaboration with leadership assists in development of policies, procedures, and standards of care reflective of current practice/literature.
- Demonstrates leadership in role as preceptor and serves as a clinical resource for others.
- Performs diagnostic echocardiograms, TEE, stress echo, and advanced procedures as ordered by physicians.
- Records quality information while performing echocardiographic imaging and following procedural guidelines and protocols.
- Explains procedures and possible side effects to the patient or family members.
- Confirms all physician requests and evaluates patient’s clinical history for proper clinical indicators and possible contraindications for procedure requested.
- Collaborates with physician to ensure quality patient care.
- Operates equipment used to perform echocardiograms.
- Maintains patient medical records.
- Organizes 3 stages involved in the reporting process: study completion, physician interpretation and final report.
- Submits final reports to appropriate nursing unit, physician office or medical records as requested.
- Accepts charge and preceptor responsibilities upon request.
- Takes call, works weekends and rotates holidays as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of a cardiac ultrasound training program required. Completion of certification or registry in Echocardiography (RDCS) required. BLS required. Meets all qualifications of Echocardiography Tech IV ladder requirements.