Cook - Atrium Health Cabarrus - PT
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 73363
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Rotating Shifts and weekends
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11141004843401-Dietary Services
Performs a variety of routine tasks and operations to prepare, cook, plate and serve food items as assigned for patient or retail meals.
- Reviews menus, assembles food supplies and equipment for daily food production following instructions and assignments by manager.
- Follows recipe and other production methods to complete preparation of assigned menu items.
- Completes daily production records as required.
- Observes and test food being prepared by tasting, smelling, and using a thermometer to determine that it is prepared according to the recipe.
- Labels, dates and properly stores leftovers.
Must be able to lift objects up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. May be exposure to extremes in temperature from kitchen to refrigerators or freezers. Exposure to minor cuts, bruises and scalds is constant. Possible exposure to infectious diseases and body fluids from patients.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED preferred. 2 years experience as a cook or in food preparation perferred. Ability to read recipes and production records.