Patient Transporter Specialist
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 73411
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Variable
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005043603-Guest Services
The Patient Transport Specialist will assist in providing exceptional customer service to patients and visitors in a courteous, prompt, and efficient manner. Their primary function is to determine the internal and external guest services/transportation needs of the patients in valet parking and shuttle service. Coordinate and monitor all guest/transport activities. Coordinate patients, visitors, and staff activities at facility entrances.
- Role models a positive Atrium Health image to patients, visitors, and staff by adhering to Our Atrium Health Way.
- Greet and assist patients/visitors upon arrival to the facility.
- Assist all patients/visitors with luggage and assistance in/out vehicle.
- Process valet claim ticket according to operating procedures
- Safely valet park, secure and retrieve in designated parking area.
- Directs patients, visitors and staff to appropriate parking areas.
- Participant in the registration of all patients and visitors.
- Coordinate activities to assist patients and visitors to desired designations within the facilities
- Provide education to patients and visitors and answer questions regarding essential support services and provide the appropriate resource (s)
- Operate company vehicles in a safe and secure manner for the transport of passengers, equipment and materials.
- Educate and instruct all passengers on vehicle safety.
- Maintains traffic control on the front drives and entrances by ensuring fire lanes and no parking zones are clear of traffic.
- Assist with enforcing the Tobacco Free Environment Policy.
- Coordinates activities in the Lobby, Discharged Patient Holding, Hospitality Suite Area, Maternity Express, etc..
- Assists in retrieving, cleaning and storage of all patient transport equipment.
- Assist with care and maintenance of transport equipment to ensure equipment is safe, clean, and ready for use. Inspect equipment before and after use to identify defective equipment. Report defective equipment immediately to supervisor.
- Monitor facilities to ensure environment is safe and clean (ensuring unattended equipment is removed from hallways, not blocking electrical panels, fire extinguishers or emergency exits)
- Complete and maintain required training, educational programs, and certification.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Adhere to Atrium Health and departmental policies and procedures.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to push/pull all modes of patient transport equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds for moving and lifting patients required. Possible exposure to hazardous materials. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Valid Driver's License. Oral communication skills, written communication skills, and organization skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Applications required. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in hospital, hotel, restaurant or customer oriented environment preferred. BLS certified within 6 months.