Patient Care Assistant - Atrium Health Union Patient Transport - PRN Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 73014
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon-Fri, occasional weekend
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11081005631754-Patient Transport
Provides safe, comfortable, and courteous transportation for patients throughout the hospital, using wheelchairs, stretchers and beds. Ensures proper handling of any medical equipment that must accompany the patient (oxygen cylinders, IV's, drainage equipment, medical chart and restraining devices).
- Transports patients safely from any location in the hospital to requested destination.
- Secures patient's medical records during transport. Returns the chart to proper location at the end of each transport.
- Follows procedures when transporting patients who require oxygen therapy.
- Identifies, understands, and properly regulates oxygen flow from delivery source as necessary.
- Informs appropriate medical team members and completes appropriate paper work (signature logs, patient sign out sheets) before transporting any patient.
- Adheres to OSHA guidelines including use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Adheres to quality control and infection control guidelines for patient transportation equipment and team member work area.
- Observes patients for any changes in condition and reports these promptly to appropriate clinical team members.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 75 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Customer service experience preferred. BCLS required.