CRNA I Trauma
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 73392
Job Family: Anesthesia Services (CRNAs)
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 16011005030168-CRNA Anesthesia Services - Surgical
Provides professional and competent anesthesia care to a wide variety of patients (from infant to adult geriatric) requiring surgical, obstetrical and other anesthesia services. Assesses the patients physical and mental health including the patient's reaction to illnesses. Plans, initiates, delivers, and evaluates appropriate nursing acts.
- Performs pre-anesthetic evaluation of patient.
- Transports patient from the holding area to the operating room.
- Develops and collaborates anesthetic care plan with the anesthesiologist that considers the patient's present condition, age, physical status and operative, diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedure.
- Performs Endotracheal intubation.
- Manages blood, fluid, electrolyte loss and replacement in maintenance of cardiovascular and respiratory function.
- Reports abnormal patient response to anesthesia, and administers treatment, adjunctive medication or other forms of therapy.
- Performs therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient's anesthetic care plan.
- Documents patient's vital signs on the anesthesia record at least every five minutes, including all medications.
- Accepts in-house call assignments when scheduled.
- Serves as a clinical instructor to supervise student nurse anesthetists clinically.
Able to work in a fast-paced surgical setting. Walking, standing, lifting and handling of supplies and equipment. Must be able to react and perform appropriately in stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina required. Graduate of an accredited school of Nurse Anesthesia required. CRNA license required. BLS and ACLS HCP from AHA required.