Patient Safety Attendant - Atrium Health Skilled Nursing - Jesse Helms - Full Time/Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 73278
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 7a-7p EOW
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 43511040535171-Skilled Nursing Facility
Interested in learning more about the benefits of joining our facilities? Check out this video: Why You Should Join our Skilled Nursing Team
Assists in maintaining a safe environment and remains with the patient at all times to provide on-going observation of the patient and alert the nursing staff as patient care needs arise. The Patient Safety Attendant performs all job responsibilities in a safe manner, functioning under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Maintain a safe environment and remain with patient always to provide the appropriate level of observation to patient as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Appropriately document information that is required during the patient observation experience.
- Perform handoff communication with the Registered Nurse regarding pertinent patient information.
- Assist nursing team in maintaining a ligature-resistant or ligature free environment as appropriate to the clinical setting.
- Notify and update the licensed nurse of immediate patient safety, patient care, and staff needs.
- Fosters positive and professional communication between patients and staff.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or GED required. Previous hospital experience preferred. Basic Life Support Certification required. CPI certification required prior to conducting patient observation.