Activity Assistant - Atrium Health Skilled Nursing - Cleveland Pines-PRN
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 73530
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 43511047643620-Patient and Family Services
The Activity Assistant follows the ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
- Follows ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, and care plan, the interest and the physical, mental and psychosocial well-being of each resident, per State & Federal regulations and facility policies and procedures.
- Documents activities provided in compliance with regulatory agency requirements reflecting the resident’s level of participation, therapeutic benefit and established goals of the activity with regard to the age and level of cognitive functioning of the resident.
- Ensures activity goals related to the comprehensive care plan are based on measurable objectives and focused on desired outcomes, not merely on attendance at a certain number of activities.
- Ensures comprehensive assessments are completed, updated, signed, certified and dated within the time frames specified by the RAI.
- Ensures sources of information used to completed the assessment to include but are not limited to, the RAI, CAA’s, assessments by other disciplines, observations, resident and family interviews, resident’s lifelong interests, spirituality, life goals, goals, strengths, needs and activity pursuit patterns and preferences, as directed.
- Ensures care planning involves identification of the resident’s interests, preferences, and abilities and any issues, concerns, problems, or needs affecting the resident’s involvement/engagement in activities with measurable goals and focused on desired outcomes, per the State's RAI, as directed.
Time is spent sitting, standing and walking. Routinely bends, stoops, kneels, twisting, crouching, crawling, reaching overhead, and push or pull occupied wheelchairs. Occasionally moves, lifts or carries other objects weighing up to 15 pounds, and, on occasion, up to 50 pounds. Must handle and manipulate instruments requiring manual dexterity. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others. Spends majority of time in light and temperature controlled resident care and activity rooms. Routinely exposed to somewhat unpleasant sights and odors. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. Respond quickly and efficiently to stressful situations. Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors. Occasionally interacts with combative residents. Potentially exposed to blood and OPIM because of direct resident contact and contact with resident equipment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 1 year experience in long term care facility preferred.