Special Events - Paramedic - PRN
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 67526
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: days, evenings and weekends
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028337504-Sports Medicine
Works as a team member of Special Events emergency team to deliver optimal patient care in the prehospital setting at customer venues. Promotes a positive professional image of the System. Provides assessment and appropriate interventions according to North Carolina OEMS guidelines and established hospital policy.
- Provides assessment, planning, treatment, and transport care; at level of EMT-P using Special Events protocols as well as seeking Medical Control to assist in direction of treatment as needed.
- Performs interventions at level of training with all equipment and supplies at all prehospital workstations including ambulance unit.
- Documents patient condition and all treatment provided while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Maintains a constant state of personal and resource readiness for emergencies while on duty. Restocks supplies and report deficiencies in equipment.
- Reports any safety hazards to the supervisor on duty or Assistant Director. If using a MCA ambulance, report any safety hazards to the MCA ground charge person as soon as possible.
Aptitudes for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance and body which would not be adversely affected by having to lift, carry, and balance at times in excess of 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance). Motor coordination is necessary because of uneven terrain. Both the patient's and the team member's well being must not be jeopardized. Hearing must be in normal range as well as near visual acuity to be able to take accurate vital sings and to detect any deterioration in the patients' condition. Normal eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity to give injections, medications and intravenous therapy. Must have good oral communication skills to take patient history, give instruction and communicate with physician about patient care.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Current North Carolina Paramedic Certification. ACLS/BLS HPC from AHA certification required. National registry for paramedics preferred.