Supervisor - Patient Registration- FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 70679
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Variable
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11111004941601-Patient Access
Supervises the activities and daily workflow of Patient Registration. Works with the managers and director(s) of Patient Registration to provide excellent service to the patients. Assists staff with registering and scheduling patients accurately.
- Provides leadership in Patient Registration area.
- Delivers guidance and feedback of errors to staff.
- Coordinates training for registration staff in the department and assures that all employees attend appropriate mandatory classes annually. Maintains record of employees education and staff development files.
- Audits and screen various reports.
- Manages, reviews, and processes appropriate staffing for Patient Registration department, including PTO approvals/denials, timesheets, and performance appraisals.
- Registers and Pre-Registers patients as necessary to support the team.
- Oversees cashier and valuables function to include daily and weekly audits as appropriate.
- Participates in various audits initiated in the Patient Registration department.
Works in an office environment requiring prolonged sitting, reading and composing written documents/reports with frequent interruptions. Must speak and write English in good, understandable terms. Needs intact sense of sight, hearing, and touch must have finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate required. Must be able to respond quickly to change. Valid North Carolina drivers license required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred. Background in hospital-based registration, insurance, billing, and/or billing follow-up is required. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail are essential. Supervisory experience is preferred. Must be able to type 40 wpm.